Energy Crisis Response
Supplying generators to the de-occupied and frontline regions of Ukraine is essential as the issue of energy supply remains critical there. Generators can help save lives, preserve health, and provide for people’s basic needs, such as warmth and communication.
UHF is looking for volunteers and volunteer organizations in the East who can conduct scouting, assess the need for generators, and deliver them to the site. Please fill out the Google form to join us, and our manager will contact you.
Why this program:
We plan to expand procurement of alternative energy sources for the occupied and frontline regions, as stabilization measures have not yet affected the situation in the Kherson, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, and Kherson regions, which continue to be shelled by the enemy, causing damage to critical infrastructure.
Those are the types of entities that require this help the most:
- Children’s homes
- Clinics (not supported by state programs)
- Hospitals (not supported by state programs)
- Maternity hospitals (not supported by state programs)
- Rural clinics
- Nursing homes
- Animal shelters
- Bomb shelters (not supported by state programs)
We want our partners to know that once the electricity situation improves or stabilizes, we plan to transfer the generators to other areas where the problem still persists.
Stages of program implementation
- Identification of a region with a critical power supply situation.
- Search for local volunteer organizations to engage as partners/subcontractors.
- Verification of volunteer organizations or individual volunteers (partners).
- Us working together to scout particular entities as per our outlined criteria.
- Procurement, delivery, and installation of the generator.
- Communication and reporting on social media, media outlets, and our website.
The project was initiated in the front-line city of Mykolaiv when the energy supply situation was critical. We continued the project in the Donetsk, Zaporizhia, and Kharkiv regions.
Until now 12 generators were purchased and installed:
- Municipal Enterprise “Mykolaivoblteploenergo” (for heating and water supply of multi-apartment buildings)
- Maternity hospital in Mykolaiv for urgent needs, including a drinking water dispensing point.
- Four bomb shelters in Mykolaiv
- The only operating store in Avdiivka, Donetsk region, which serves as a point of resilience for residents.
- Three villages in the Izyum district of the Kharkiv region for the establishment of water supply, basic needs of residents and repairs of damaged buildings.
- Two villages in the Zaporizhzhia region for the establishment of water supply and basic needs of residents of the most remote streets, where volunteers rarely reach.